Sweet Potato Salad with Canned Yams
Sweet Potato Salad with Canned Yams is as easy as it is delicious. Starting with canned sweet potatoes is a super time-saver, and the result is a slightly sweet and very special cold potato salad.
Servings: 10 servings
- 40 ounces canned sweet potatoes (or yams), drained and diced
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip) add up to 1 1/2 cups
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 8 green onions, chopped
- This is a cold sweet potato salad.
- Look for canned yams in water, not syrup.
- Drain the canned yams well before dicing.
- Regular yellow mustard would work too instead of Dijon.
- Substitute Miracle Whip for Mayonnaise, if desired.
- Start with 1 1/4 cups Mayonnaise, and then add up to 1/4 additional cup if needed.
- Substitute regular, chopped onions for green onions.
- To allow the flavors to meld, refrigerate a minimum of 2 to 4 hours before serving this sweet potato salad with mayo.
- Try our other favorite cold salad---Old Fashioned Pea Salad.
- For easy travel, pack and serve out of one of these adorable serving bowls with a lid to prevent spills while traveling.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 437mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 16376IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg