Broccoli Cornbread Bake - Jiffy Broccoli Cornbread Recipe
Broccoli Cornbread Bake is an easy side dish casserole that uses a box Jiffy mix. The result is a tasty dish that's feeds a crowd---the perfect holiday side dish.
Servings: 16 people
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 pkgs Jiffy Cornbread Mix (8.5 ounce packages)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped broccoli
- 10 ounces cottage cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix melted butter, dry cornbread mix, eggs, diced onions, frozen, chopped broccoli, shredded cheddar cheese and cottage cheese until well combined.
Spread into prepared dish.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Do not thaw the broccoli before adding to this broccoli cornbread with cheese.
- Be sure to get frozen, chopped broccoli not broccoli florets.
- The cheddar cheese gives this broccoli cornbread casserole a sharpness but if your family prefers a different cheese, go ahead and substitute.
- You can use the toothpick test to check to see if the center is fully cooked. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Don’t worry about the edges getting darker than the middle. This creates a great crunchy edge!
- Check out this broccoli casserole that uses fresh broccoli.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg