Broccoli Cornbread Bake
Broccoli Cornbread Bake is an easy side dish casserole that uses a box Jiffy mix. The result is a tasty dish that's feeds a crowd---the perfect holiday side dish.
Servings: 16 people
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 pkgs Jiffy Cornbread Mix (8.5 ounce packages)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped broccoli
- 10 ounces cottage cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Spread into prepared dish.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Do not thaw the broccoli before adding to this broccoli cornbread with cheese.
- Be sure to get frozen, chopped broccoli not broccoli florets.
- The cheddar cheese gives this broccoli cornbread casserole a sharpness but if your family prefers a different cheese, go ahead and substitute.
- You can use the toothpick test to check to see if the center is fully cooked. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Don’t worry about the edges getting darker than the middle. This creates a great crunchy edge!
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg