Chicken Ole Casserole - A Chicken Casserole with Green Chilies
Chicken Ole Casserole (with cream of chicken soup) is a wide egg noodle and chicken casserole with the perfect amount of spice. This easy chicken casserole recipe for dinner is a winner with the whole family.
Servings: 8 people
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken rotisserie chicken works great
- 4 cups wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies, do not drain
- 1/2-3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients, saving 1/2 cheddar cheese to be sprinkled over top.
Pour mixture into prepared dish. Top with reserved cheddar cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
- For a spicy chicken ole casserole, use medium or hot style canned green chilies.
- If the chicken ole casserole feels dry, add up to an additional 1/4 cup chicken broth to the mixture.
- Substitute any other favorite shredded cheese for cheddar including Colby Jack, Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack.
- For the cooked, diced chicken, I recommend using a store-bought rotisserie chicken. Remove the skin, and pull off the meat. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Start with 1/2 cup chicken broth but if the mixture seems dry, add up to another 1/4 cup.
- Love a little crunch in your chicken casserole? Try this Chicken Crunch Casserole.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 833mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 402IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 2mg