Leftover Candy Ooey Gooey Cake
Leftover Candy Ooey Gooey Cake is the perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy. Using a boxed cake mix, this candy dessert couldn't get much easier.
Servings: 32 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup leftover candy, cut into chunks (heaping cup)
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Mix together eggs, dry cake mix and melted butter until smooth.
Stir in candy pieces by hand.
Press into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Cream eggs, softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until lump free.
Pour over the bottom layer.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly golden brown and just set in the center.
- I used a white cake mix for these yellow cake mix gooey bars but you could absolutely use a white cake mix instead.
- Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to prevent lumps. I set mine out for a couple hours before starting.
- For my leftover Halloween candy cake, I used a combination of M&Ms and Reese's Cups, but you can use whatever leftover chocolate candy you have on hand. This is a great way to use up chocolate bars.
- Bake until golden brown. The center will still be a bit jiggly. This is a ooey gooey butter cake!
- Try our Chocolate Chip Butter Cake version too!
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg