Shortcut Nacho Soup
With only five simple ingredients, this Shortcut Nacho Soup can be on the table in 30 minutes flat. Using a boxed Au Gratin Potato Mix is the secret to this fast and hearty soup.
- 2 cups water
- 4.7 ounces boxed Au Gratin Potatoes mix
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel) (do not drain)
- 15 ounces canned corn, drained
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese melt, cubed
- 2 cups milk
In a large saucepan, combine water, au gratin potatoes (including mix packet), undrained diced tomatoes and chilies, and drained corn.
Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are cooked and tender, approximately 20 minutes. Stir often.
Reduce the heat to low, and add cubed Velveeta and milk. Heat until the cheese melts, and the soup is smooth.
Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips and/or shredded cheese if desired.
- This nacho soup uses a boxed Au Gratin Potato Mix. That's the secret ingredient to a quick and tasty nacho soup. Be sure to use the potatoes and the seasoning packet.
- Do not drain the canned tomatoes with green chilies (also known as Rotel).
- Substitute frozen corn for canned if desired. If you do use canned, drain it first before adding to this nacho potato soup.
- Like a spicy potato taco soup? Add Hot Rotel (diced tomatoes with chilies) instead of mild.
- To change it up, add in a combination of Mexican Velveeta and Original Velveeta.
- Try adding ground beef or chicken for a whole new boxed au gratin potato soup recipe.
- Love easy soup? Try our easiest and blog favorite Tuscan Soup with White Beans and Sausage.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 1618mg | Potassium: 962mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1116IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 545mg | Iron: 1mg