Crockpot Beef Stew with Beer
Crockpot Beef Stew with Beer is a dump and go dinner that will warm you up on a cold night. Beef stew meat is stewed low and slow in a rich sauce of cream of mushroom and cream of celery soups and beer.
- 1 pound beef stew meat, seasoned well with salt and pepper
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 10.5 ounces cream of celery soup
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup beer (your favorite)
- 4 Tablespoons softened butter
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Line crock pot insert with a liner if desired.
Layer beef stew meat (heavily seasoned) and diced vegetables.
Pour cream of celery and mushroom soups over top. Pour beer around the edge.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
To thicken, mash softened butter, flour and cornstarch together. Stir into beef stew.
Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until thick. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- I love how this is a beef stew recipe without browning meat. Easy Peasy!
- Substitute an extra can of cream of mushroom soup for the cream of celery, if desired.
- Instead of carrots, celery and peppers, try some of your other favorite vegetables in this slow cooker beef stew including potatoes, mushrooms, onions or peas.
- To thicken, make a quick paste of softened butter, flour and cornstarch. Stir it in 20 minutes before serving, and you'll have a nice, thick gravy.
- Be sure to taste before serving. Add salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce, to taste.
- We also love Mom's Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe!
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 827mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3903IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg