Apple Nut Crunch
Apple Nut Crunch is the perfect fall dessert when you are short on time and ingredients---it only uses one medium apple. This crunchy baked apple dessert is served warm topped with ice cream or whipped cream.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Beat egg lightly and add sugar. Stir until light yellow in color.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir.
Add diced apples, chopped nuts and vanilla, stirring until combined.
Pour into prepared dish. Baked for 30-35 minutes.
Scoop out and serve topped with ice cream or whipped cream while warm.
- I left my apple unpeeled for this crunchy apple dessert. If you prefer to peel it, then go for it.
- This is the perfect sized dessert for only family, one serving. It's baked in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish (like this one), and almost never has leftovers.
- This apple dessert is without brown sugar oats and cinnamon which makes it unique! If you are a cinnamon fanatic, go ahead and add some to the batter.
- I used chopped pecans. Use your favorite chopped nut. Walnuts would be perfect too.
- Looking for a classic apple crisp? Our Grandma's recipe is the BEST!
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg