Old Fashioned Cinnamon Snaps - Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies Recipe
Cinnamon Snaps are a soft molasses cookie that's big on flavor. The combination of butter and Crisco gives a perfectly soft interior and slightly crisp exterior that reminds you of an old fashioned molasses cookie recipe.
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White Sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream softened butter, shortening, brown sugar, egg and molasses.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients, just mixing until gently combined.
Roll into 1 inch balls, and roll each ball in sugar to coat.
Bake on an cookie sheet for 8 - 9 minutes.
- Looking for a soft molasses cookie? Look no farther, because these molasses crinkle cookies are super soft.
- These Cinnamon Snap Cookies are also called Molasses Crinkle Cookies.
- These Molasses Snap Cookies call for both butter and Crisco (shortening). Be sure to follow the instructions. This is what gives these Molasses Sugar Cookies such an amazing texture.
- Crisco is a brand of shortening. It's fine to use generic if desired. Crisco has shortening sticks that make measuring super easy.
- Love molasses? Try our Chocolate Chip Molasses Bars.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg