5 Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole - Old Fashioned Hamburger Noodle Casserole
Classic comfort food comes in many forms, and it doesn't have to be complicated. My family comes running to the kitchen table when I serve up this 5 Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole. It's loaded with beefy, cheesy goodness.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet.
Add tomato juice and noodles to the skillet; simmer until noodles are cooked, approximately 8 minutes.
Pour the entire mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven until melty and bubbly, approximately 10 minutes
- Drain off the excess grease from the hamburger if needed.
- I always season my ground beef with salt and pepper to taste when browning it for any recipe.
- 4 cups equals 1 quart.
- Most bags of wide egg noodles are 16 ounces, use approximately half the bag.
- Substitute your favorite shredded cheese for the sharp cheddar, if desired.
- It doesn't take long to bake in the oven, just until the cheese melts and is bubbly hot.
- If you don't want to dirty another dish or use the oven. Leave the beefy, cheesy noodles in the skillet, top with shredded cheese, and cover with a lid until the cheese is melted.
- Looking for a Sour Cream Hamburger Noodle Casserole? We've got that recipe too!
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 833IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 2mg