9 x 13 Sour Cream Coconut Cake
What makes this 9 x 13 Sour Cream Coconut Cake so special? This amped up white cake mix recipe has a dense, moist texture that comes from a combination of sour cream and cream of coconut. And the icing on the cake? Well, it's literally a homemade cream cheese frosting that is to die for.
Servings: 32 slices
Coconut Sour Cream Cake
- 16.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
Sour Cream Coconut Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix cake mix with eggs and oil; add sour cream and cream of coconut and stir.
Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Cream of Coconut is often found in the alcoholic beverage aisle at the grocery store. Coco Lopez is just one of the many brands that are available.
- Use the leftover Cream of Coconut in this amazing Amaretto Pina Colada recipe.
- This cream cheese frosting is perfect. Omit the coconut and use it on any of your favorite cake recipes.
- Keep this cake refrigerated due to the cream cheese and milk in the icing.
- Substitute canola oil for vegetable, if desired.