Baked Lima Bean Casserole
Baked Lima Bean Casserole is an old fashioned southern dish. The best part is a sweet sour cream and brown sugar sauce that coats each and every Lima bean. It may become your new favorite side dish.
Servings: 8 people
- 32 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
Cook lima beans according to package directions until tender; drain well.
Return beans to warm dish; add butter and allow to melt. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Make this brown sugar Lima bean casserole from frozen or dried Lima beans. For dried, find the instructions in the text above.
- If you're using salted butter; cut down the salt to 1 teaspoon or less.
- Dry mustard is also known as ground mustard.
- This is a saucy dish!
- Love Lima beans? Try these Slow Cooker Calico Beans.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 771mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 748IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 3mg