Pan Roasted Summer Squash - Roasted Yellow Squash Recipe
Wondering how to use up yellow squash? Pan Roasted Summer Squash is healthy and delicious with only five total ingredients. The result is a sweet side dish that meets a keto, low carb and clean eating diet.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut unpeeled summer squash in 1/4 inch slices.
Arrange on a large roasting pan or baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil; stir to coat all pieces of squash.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder; stir to coat.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring often until squash is tender, golden browned and sweet.
- Garlic powder can be omitted, or substitute it for your favorite seasoning.
- Yellow squash have a high water content which means they cook down to almost nothing. Start with more than you think you need.
- Substitute avocado oil or coconut oil for olive oil, if desired.
- Yellow squash is naturally low net carbs which follows a keto and low carb diet.
- This pan roasted summer squash recipe easily meets the criteria for a clean eating recipe and follows the Arbonne 30 days to healthy eating challenge. In this case, use organic ingredients and Pink Himalayan Salt.
- If you don't your roasted vegetables browned, take time off the cooking time. You could also roast these to a fork-tender, crunchy texture, if desired.
- If you love this roasted squash recipe, try Roasted Cauliflower!
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg