Fancy Chicken Salad
This Fancy Chicken Salad is extra special with a touch of crunch from pecans, sweet pickles and celery and a hint of sweetness from canned cherries. The ingredients are surprising, and the flavor is delicious.
Servings: 10 people
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken Use 2.5 to 3 cups
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 4 sweet pickles, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, small diced
- 4 ounces canned baby peas (LeSueur brand)
- 8 ounces canned cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Gently mix chicken, hard-boiled eggs, pickles, celery, peas, cherries and mayonnaise.
Right before serving, stir in chopped pecans, lemon juice, and salt and pepper (to taste).
Serve on a sandwich, on a bed of lettuce or with crackers.
- I used a rotisserie chicken for this chicken salad with cherries and pecan recipe. You could also use a few cans of canned chicken, or poach your own chicken.
- This recipe easily doubles to serve a crowd. This also allows you to use the entire cans of cherries and peas.
- Substitute dried cherries for canned, if desired.
- This pecan cherry chicken salad calls for Royal Ann Canned cherries, but the regular canned cherries are perfectly delicious too.
- I prefer LeSeuer very small peas for this recipe. They are dainty and cute---very fancy.
- Use frozen peas for canned, or omit if peas aren't your thing.
- For an extra fancy meal, serve on a croissant bun or mini Hawaiian bun.
- Looking for a quick and easy chicken salad? Try our 3-Ingredient Version.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 361IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg