Simple Sour Cream Cucumbers
Simple Sour Cream Cucumbers is an old fashioned summer salad featuring garden cucumbers and onions. The sauce is a delightfully easy sour cream base flavored with with a pinch of tarragon.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 onion
- 4 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon (or dill weed)
Peel and slice cucumbers and onions, and slice thin.
Whisk together sour cream, vinegar, water, salt, pepper and dried tarragon.
Pour dressing over vegetables; serve immediately.
- I prefer my cucumbers peeled, but feel free to leave the peel on if that's what you prefer. English cucumbers have a thin skin while regular garden cucumbers are more waxy skinned.
- Slice both cucumbers and onions thin.
- White vinegar works great but try changing it up with rice vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Dill would be an awesome substitute for tarragon, if desired.
- Looking for a traditional cucumber and onion salad? Try Mom's Version!
Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg