Lemon Cake Mix Gooey Bars
There's only six ingredients between you and a pan of Lemon Cake Mix Gooey Bars. This rich butter cake is simple to make using a boxed cake mix base, yet the outcome is something worthy of a Grand Prize.
- 16.5 ounces lemon cake mix (box)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix dry lemon cake mix, 2 eggs and softened butter until combined; spread into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
Mix softened cream cheese, 2 eggs, powdered sugar and lemon extract until smooth; pour it over the crust and spread to the edges.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown and just set in the center.
- This recipe calls for a lemon cake mix from the box. Add it dry (unprepared) to the recipe.
- The butter needs to be softened (or even melted) in this lemon butter cake recipe.
- Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to prevent a lumpy filling.
- Lemon extract is optional in the filling. It will give a double whammy of lemon flavor, but the filling is perfect without the extract too.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Try the original Cake Mix Butter Gooey Bars!
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 325mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 427IU | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg