Breakfast Casserole with Zucchini
Breakfast is served with this egg casserole full of sausage, cheese, bread cubes and a secret ingredient---zucchini. That's right, trick your kids into eating their veggies in the morning with this breakfast casserole with zucchini.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 1/2 cups bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Whisk eggs, milk, ground mustard and salt.
Stir in cooked sausage, bread cubes, cheese and zucchini.
Pour into prepared dish.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through in the center.
- This is a great zucchini breakfast idea.
- Drain the excess grease off the breakfast sausage, if needed.
- Substitute bacon or ham for sausage if desired.
- Any type of bread can be used in this zucchini breakfast casserole.
- Shred zucchini on a hand grater or go the easy route with a food processor with a shredder attachment.
- Do not drain the zucchini after shredding.
- Looking for more breakfast ideas using zucchini? Mom's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is the bomb!
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 233mg | Sodium: 1111mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 622IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 356mg | Iron: 4mg