Chocolate Cake Mix Gooey Bars
Chocolate Cake Mix Gooey Bars are a chocolate-lovers delight. This six ingredient cake mix recipe has a brownie bottom with an ooey gooey fudge layer on top.
Servings: 32 servings
- 13.5 ounce box of chocolate cake mix (dry)
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick melted butter (1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together dry cake mix and eggs; add melted butter and mix until smooth.
Press into prepared baking dish.
For second layer, mix softened cream cheese, eggs, powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
Pour over the first layer.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the the top is baked but still slightly gooey. Do not overbake.
Optional: sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- I used a chocolate devil's food cake mix, but you can use any type of dry chocolate cake mix.
- Be sure the cream cheese is softened before making this recipe so that the top layer doesn't have clumps.
- Add chopped nuts to the top layer if desired.
- An offset spatula works great to spread the second layer.
- Do not overcook the double chocolate ooey gooey bars. The top should be a little gooey!
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired, or serve hot with ice cream!
- Try our original Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars!
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 213IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg