Ground Beef Burritos
Ground Beef Burritos is a simple Mexican-inspired dinner with only five simple ingredients. Flour tortillas are filled with a mixture of ground beef and shredded cheese, and then topped with an easy green chili sauce made of salsa verde and green enchilada sauce. Your family will be licking their plates and begging for more!
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch size)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef; drain excess grease if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, mix salsa verde and green enchilada sauce.
Add 3/4 cup green chili sauce into the ground beef and stir.
Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture into the center of each flour tortilla; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold the ends in first and then the sides. Flip so that the seal is on the bottom; arrange in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
If desire, broil for 1-2 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Do not walk away!
- This is a great 5 Ingredient Burrito Recipe!
- Substitute shredded cooked chicken for hamburger in these chili verde burrito recipe.
- Monterrey Jack or Colby Jack would be great alternative cheese to use.
- Burritos are usually large so use the 10-inch variety of flour tortillas if possible.
- How do you fold a burrito?
- Put the filling in the center.
- Fold the two ends in towards the center.
- And then, fold the two sides into the center.
- Flip the burrito so that the seam is at the bottom.
- I love when cheese on top of casseroles is kinda brown and crusty. To achieve this, broil for a couple minutes. Be sure to stand by the oven so it doesn't completely burn the top.
- Love hamburger casserole recipes? Try our Hamburger Hot Dish and Mexican Lasagna recipes.
Calories: 597kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1464mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1162IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 358mg | Iron: 4mg