Crockpot Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Casserole
Be prepared to add Crockpot Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Casserole to your regular rotation of dinners. It tastes like the best of Thanksgiving dinner wrapped up into one easy meal. I promise your family will lick their plates clean and beg for more!
Servings: 8 people
- 1 box Prepared Jiffy Cornbread Mix (or 5 cups leftover prepared cornbread)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 - 2 cups celery, diced
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried, rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Prepare Jiffy cornbread mix according to package directions. Bake in an 8 x 8 inch or 1 quart baking dish. Let cool, and cut into 1 inch cubes.
Toast cornbread cubes in a preheated 350 degree F oven until golden brown; set aside.
In a skillet, cook diced onions and celery in the butter until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
Remove the onion and celery from the heat; add both cream soups, broth, poultry seasoning, sage, salt and pepper; stir.
Spray a crock pot insert with nonstick cooking spray. Add toasted cornbread and shredded, cooked chicken.
Pour the liquid mixture over top. Stir gently until combined.
Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until hot.
- This is a great way to use up leftover cornbread such as our favorite version: Maryann's Sweet Cornbread. Or, whip up a box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix for the perfect amount of cornbread cubes.
- I love using a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store in this crockpot chicken and stuffing.
- To make this a slow cooker Thanksgiving dinner, use cooked turkey instead of chicken.
- Substitute cream of celery soup for cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, if desired.
- Fresh sage would be great instead of dried.
- A casserole crock pot is the perfect cooking vessel; although, regular crock pots work fine too.
- Love chicken casserole? Try our Chicken Crunch Casserole Recipe.
Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1659mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 640IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 4mg