Sauteed Baby Kale and Mushrooms
Sauteed Baby Kale and Mushrooms is packed with flavor and nutritious ingredients. Mushrooms sauteed in olive oil perfectly compliment wilted baby kale with a surprise addition of kidney beans for added protein. Serve this along side grilled chicken or make it meatless by eating it over a cooked sweet potato or quinoa.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 5 ounces baby kale
- 1 Tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat; add sliced mushrooms and saute until brown (without moving or messing with them), approximately 4-5 minutes.
Flip the mushrooms; add the kale on top of the mushrooms, and let the baby kale wilt, stirring frequently approximately 2-3 minutes.
Stir in kidney beans, butter, garlic and salt and pepper. Continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute or until everything is fragrant and hot.
- This is a baby kale recipe; if you are using regular kale, it takes much longer to wilt down the kale.
- Baby kale wilts down in a similar fashion to spinach; it's a very quick process.
- Any type of your favorite mushroom could be used in this Sauteed Kale recipe.
- Be sure not to add the garlic until the end; burnt garlic tastes terrible!
- To get a beautiful golden brown mushroom, let it fry up without touching or moving it for 4-5 minutes on the first side.
- Beans can be omitted, or try swapping out cannellini beans or garbanzo beans if desired.
- This Kale Stir Fry makes a great addition to a clean eating diet, and follows the Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living Challenge. To learn more about it, click here.
- To make this a clean eating recipe, use organic ingredients, Himalayan Pink Salt and ghee (for butter).
- Eat this over a sweet potato or cooked quinoa for perfectly balanced plate of healthy carbs, fats, proteins and vegetables.
- Try our Collard Greens and Beans soup!
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3628IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg