Whole Roasted Carrots
Whole Roasted Carrots with coconut oil, soy sauce, lime juice and sea salt highlights the natural sweetness of carrots. Try adding these to your menu, and hopefully you and your family will fall in love with carrots.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound whole carrots (5-6 whole large carrots)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime
Cut washed and peeled carrots into half longways (or into quarters if extra large). Arrange in roasting pan.
Combine coconut oil and soy sauce; pour over carrots, ensuring all sides are coated.
Bake in a 425 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the bottom of brown and caramelized. Flip and continue to roast until fork tender around 10 minutes.
Remove from oven; squeeze with fresh lime juice. Season with salt.
- Slice the carrots longways into halves, or if you get a couple extra larges ones, but them into quarters. Just be sure they are uniform in size so they cook evenly.
- Feeling lazy? You don't actually need to peel the carrots before baking.
- Substitute olive oil for coconut oil if desired in these soy glazed carrots.
- Honey would make a welcome addition if you desire a sweet roasted carrot recipe. Mix it with the coconut oil and soy sauce.
- Lime juice is optional, but it gives a nice bright flavor to balance the sweetness of the carrots.
- Be sure to use a large enough roasting pan that each side makes contact with the pan. This allows for maximum roasted flavor from the natural sugars caramelizing.
- These roasted carrots with coconut oil are easily converted to a clean eating diet and fits the criteria for Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living. To make it compliant, replace soy sauce with liquid coconut aminos, sub Pink Himalayan Salt for sea salt, and use organic produce.
- Serve these along side Roasted Chicken Legs.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 18944IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg