Skinny Air Fryer Chickpeas
Skinny Air Fryer Chickpeas are an easy and healthy replacement for potato chips. With the help of an air-fryer, you can transform a can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) into a quick, 3-ingredient snack.
Servings: 4 servings
- 16 ounces canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (Pink Himalayan Salt)
Drain chickpeas; dry with a paper towel.
Drain chickpeas; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Stir to coat.
Add to a preheated 400 degree F Air Fryer, and let cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring or shaking 2-3 times. Air fry until they are golden brown to dark brown and crispy. (some will POP.)
Let cool before snacking.
- I prefer to use canned chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans). Drain well, and rinse with water if desired.
- Thinking about purchasing an air fryer? My air fryer is part of a Ninja Foodie Pro. It has multi-functions, and I use it all the time.
- The sky is the limit for the different seasonings that can used for this basic air fryer chickpea recipe. Think sweet or savory. I prefer them plain and salted.
- Use sea salt or Pink Himalayan Salt. Salt before air frying, and then while still hot, be sure to taste to see if you need to add some more.
- If you make the mistake of taking them out too soon, and you taste them to find they aren't quite crunchy, go ahead and add them back and roast a couple more minutes. It won't mess them up. Believe me, I've done this same thing.
- Store these in an air-tight container on the counter. If they lose their crunch, toss them back in the air fryer to crisp back up.
- For a more intense roasted flavor, leave the chickpeas in the air fryer until they get a dark brown, almost black color.
- Why are these called Skinny Air Fryer Chickpeas? That's because chickpeas are a healthy protein source to help keep you full longer. Olive oil also has great health benefits including antioxidants that protect your heart. Try replacing a sugar-filled treat with a handful of these crispy air fried chickpeas for a skinny approach.
- Love chickpeas? Try our Mango Kale Salad with chickpeas.
- These are a great snack option if you are participating in a clean eating challenge such as the Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living. To learn more about this, click here!
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg