Chicken Crunch Casserole
What's special about Chicken Crunch Casserole? The crunchy texture comes from water chestnuts, almonds and celery and a topping of crushed potato chips.
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pound wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
Combine celery, onion, Miracle Whip, lemon juice, cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine cooked chicken, slivered almonds, drained water chestnuts and cooked and drained egg noodles.
Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Cook the egg noodles a minute or two less than the cooking instructions on the bag since they will continue to cook in the oven. Drain the noodles well before adding to the chicken casserole with potato chips.
- Most packages of wide egg noodles come in 1 pound packages. Eyeball about half a package for this chicken casserole with egg noodles.
- You have the option to leave the water chestnuts as they come in the jar or to chop them into smaller pieces before adding to the casserole. I diced mine into smaller pieces to make sure they would appeal to my small children.
- For a whole list of easy substitutions, see the blog post.
- If you are loving potato chips on your casserole, try my favorite---Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 625mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 182IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg