Ground Beef and Noodles Bake
Ground Beef and Noodles Bake has everything kids love - hamburger and egg noodles in a creamy sauce. This easy recipe makes a huge casserole making it the perfect family-friendly dinner recipe.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 cups wide egg noodles
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cook wide egg noodles in water and drain. Cook 1-2 minutes less than package instructions.
Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onions; drain excess grease if needed.
To the skillet add tomato sauce, sour cream, softened cream cheese, sugar, and garlic salt and stir until combined.
In the prepared baking dish, layer 1/2 noodles topped with 1/2 beef sauce. Repeat.
Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
Turn off oven. Remove foil; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Don't overcook the egg noodles because they will continue to cook in the oven. I recommend cooking them a minute or two less than the package instructions. Drain well.
- Be sure the cream cheese is softened so that it blends into the sauce. To soften cream cheese quickly, add the foil package of cream cheese to a saucepan and cover with water. Turn the stove-top onto the lowest setting, and cover the saucepan with a lid. The heat will quickly soften the cream cheese inside the foil packet.
- Always be sure to season ground beef with salt and pepper to taste when browning. Do this for every recipe you make.
- Try to spread the meat sauce all the way to the edges to cover the egg noodles. If not, the edge noodles can get a little hard during baking.
- Cover this beef noodle casserole for the first 30 minutes; remove the foil, turn off the oven and return the casserole to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Any type of shredded cheddar is perfect. Love a cheesier hamburger noodle casserole? Add more!
- Looking for more ground beef recipes? Try our Cheeseburger Quiche and Frisco Hamburger Helper.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 504mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 2mg