Orange Salad - An Old Fashioned Orange Jello Salad
Old Fashioned Orange Jello Salad is a cool, refreshing summer salad that can be eaten as a dessert or a side dish. This vintage recipe only has five ingredients, and can be mixed together in a flash.
Servings: 16 people
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 0.3 ounces dry instant orange Jello (sugar-free variety)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Drain pineapple well.
Combine drained pineapple, cottage cheese, mini marshmallows, Cool Whip and orange jello. Stir gently until incorporated.
Chill for a minimum 2 hours before serving.
- Try swapping out other flavors or Jello including lime or strawberry for a whole new easy jello salad.
- Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple.
- Sugar-free orange jello mix gives the best orange color. If you use the regular variety, you can leave it white or add food coloring to make it prettier.
- For a low fat and calorie version of orange jello salad with cool whip, make the following substitutions:
- use sugar free Jello,
- use fat free Cool Whip,
- omit marshmallows completely
- replace marshmallows with extra cottage cheese (fat free type).
- If you want an vibrant orange color to easy jello salad, add a few drops of food coloring.
- This recipe is very flexible. Add more or less or omit cottage cheese and marshmallows. Swap crushed pineapple for pineapple chunks or mandarin oranges or change up the flavor of Jello. You can't really screw this up!
- If you love vintage salads, try our Classic Ambrosia or Pink Lady Salad.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg