Sour Cream Pork Chops
Sour Cream Pork Chops are a simple baked pork chop recipe that packs a punch of a flavor. With a few simple ingredients, you'll have a fork-tender pork chop that will please the whole family.
Servings: 2 pork chops
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pork chops
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; spray a 8 x 8 inch baking dish or 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small skillet, warm water, sour cream, sugar and vinegar; whisk to make smooth.
Mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder; dredge all sides of pork in flour mixture.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; brown both sides of pork chops.
Arrange browned pork chops in prepared baking dish; pour warmed sauce over top.
Cover tightly with foil; bake for 1 hour.
- We used bone-in pork chops that were about an inch thick. If you use thinner, boneless pork chops, they will cook quicker.
- Regardless of the size of your pork chop, be sure the internal temperature is 145 degrees F before pulling them out of the oven.
- This sour cream pork chop recipe has enough sauce for 2 pork chops. Double or triple the recipe if you are feeding a larger family.
- A substitute for the garlic powder would be to cut a slit in the pork after browning, and insert a garlic clove into each pork chop.
- Rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar can be substituted for the white vinegar in this breaded pork chop recipe.
- Be sure to cover the baking dish tightly in aluminum foil before baking.
- If desired, spoon the sour cream sauce over the pork and return covered to the oven the last ten minutes of cooking.
- For more baked pork chop recipes, try our Fancy Baked Pork Chops, Cranberry Pork Chops and Mom's Baked Pork Chop and Potato recipes.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 358IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg