Cashew Chicken Casserole
Cashew Chicken Casserole is a humble recipe with great flavor and texture. Fresh lemon juice perks up the flavor while cashews bring a bit of crunch. Save that leftover chicken, and turn it into your next meal with this easy recipe.
- 1 cup macaroni noodles
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 1/2 cups celery, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons green pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart dish or an 8 x 8 inch dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook 1 cup dry macaroni in boiling water until al dente; drain well.
Mix all ingredients except potato chips. Pour into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle crushed potato chips over top.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and hot.
- This is a great leftover chicken recipe. Cashew Chicken Casserole recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken but it can be a little more or a little less.
- Use cooked chicken; it can be shredded or diced.
- Substitute red, orange or yellow peppers for green ones if desired.
- Start with 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni; cook it per package instructions, and be sure to drain well.
- Low fat mayonnaise could be used if you prefer a lower fat version.
- Crushed cracker crumbs or cornflakes are a great substitution for the crushed potato chips in this chicken casserole with cashew nuts.
- Love potato chips on your casseroles? Try Mom's Tuna Casserole and Classic Chicken Casserole.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg