Vintage Pineapple Pretzel Salad
Sweet, buttery pretzel crumbles are the heart of this Vintage Pineapple Pretzel Salad. Combined with a fail-proof combination of Cool Whip, crushed pineapple and cream cheese, you'll be serving this up at all your family gatherings.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine softened butter, 1/3 cup sugar and crushed pretzels.
Spread into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish; bake for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Set aside to cool. Crumble pretzel mixture.
Blend softened cream cheese, drained crushed pineapple and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
Just before serving, stir in crumbled pretzel mixture.
- Be sure to soften your cream cheese to prevent lumps in this pretzel salad in a bowl.
- Place the foil wrapped cream cheese (cardboard box removed) in a small saucepan of water. Cover, and heat the pan over the lowest heat setting for a few minutes just until the cream cheese warms and softens. This is a great tip to have perfectly softened cream cheese.
- Substitute margarine for butter if desired.
- Either 2-8 ounce cartons or 1-12 ounce carton of Cool Whip can be used. It won't change the consistency of this pineapple pretzel salad recipe too much.
- For a more diet friendly pineapple pretzel fluff, use Fat Free Cool Whip and Fat Free Cream Cheese.
- To ensure a crunchy salad, add the crumbled pretzel mixture right before serving.
- Try a few more of our favorite old fashioned salads including Ambrosia, Cherry Fluff, and Watergate Salad.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 434IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg