Watergate Salad (also known as Pistachio Fluff) is a delightful, vintage salad packed with Pistachio flavor. With only 5 simple ingredients, this fluffy treat will quickly become a most-requested recipe.
- 3 1/2 ounces instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, do not drain
- For this pistachio fluff, use instant pudding mix the cook and serve variety.
- Do not drain the crushed pineapple for this watergate salad recipe.
- Use your food processor to pulverize canned pineapple chunks into crushed pineapple if you have one on-hand and not the other.
- Gelatin salads are versatile. Use more or less nuts or marshmallows or try adding some cottage cheeses for a healthier spin.
- Sugar free pistachio pudding mix and fat free Cool Whip can be used for a healthier watergate salad recipe.
- I prefer chopped pecan in this pistachio salad with marshmallows but walnuts would be another great alternative.
- Love vintage salads like this one? Try Pink Lady Salad, Classic Ambrosia and Grandma's Cherry Fluff.
- Please note that the carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on the products you use. The auto-calculation is an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 0.3mg