Classic Ambrosia Salad
Classic Ambrosia Salad is the perfect vintage recipe for your next family gathering or for any day of the week. It's a simple recipe to make and easy to remember with only 5 simple ingredients.
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 cup canned pineapple, drained (tidbits, chunks or shredded)
- 1 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- This marshmallow salad is very versatile. Here's some ideas:
- Double or triple this pineapple, mandarin orange and marshmallow salad to feed a crowd.
- Use pineapple tidbits, chunks or the crushed version; be sure to drain before adding to the classic ambrosia salad.
- Add maraschino cherries for a nice spin.
- For Easter, use pastel colored mini marshmallows.
- This ambrosia salad with sour cream gives it a nice tang to balance out the sweetness of the marshmallows and coconut.
- Don't waste the drained juice from the pineapple. Make Amaretto Pina Coladas!
- Marshmallow ambrosia is also called 24 hour salad because it tastes better and sets up perfectly after sitting in the refrigerator for a day before serving. What a perfect make-ahead recipe!
- Try a couple of our other favorite vintage salad recipes including Cherry Fluff and Pink Lady Salad.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg