Pink Lady Salad - An Old Fashioned Jello Salad Recipe
Pink Lady Salad is 5 ingredient vintage Jello salad that include cottage cheese, canned pineapple and Cool Whip. Also known as Pink Stuff, this recipe creates one of those classic dishes that graced holiday dinner tables across the Midwest.
- 9 ounces Cool Whip
- 0.3 ounces strawberry Jello mix, dry (sugar free, preferably)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until strawberry jello mix is completely incorporated and salad is perfectly pink.
Let set up in the fridge for approximately 1 hour.
- This easy pink stuff salad has only 5 ingredients---strawberry jello mix, cool whip, cottage cheese, chopped nuts and crushed pineapple.
- Be sure to drain the pineapple thoroughly before adding to the pink stuff salad. Discard the juice or use it for something delicious like Amaretto Pina Coladas.
- A sieve works best for draining crushed pineapple.
- To make this 5 minute pink salad diet friendly, use fat free cool whip, non fat cottage cheese, and sugar free strawberry jello.
- We prefer to use sugar free strawberry jello in this recipe, but regular strawberry jello mix would work too.
- The strawberry jello mix gets added to the salad dry without water being added.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 136IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg