Ground Beef Pizza Casserole
Ground Beef Pizza Casserole is a cheesy skillet meal that your family will love. It's a homemade hamburger helper with loads of pizza flavor. Toss it together for a quick weeknight meal using easy pantry staples.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 3/4 ounces cheddar cheese soup (condensed)
- 14 ounces jarred pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni (not cooked)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and diced onion; season with salt and pepper. Drain excess grease if needed.
Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT shredded Mozzarella. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes stirring often. Cook until macaroni is cooked to your desired texture. Add more water if too thick.
Once macaroni is cooked, add shredded Mozzarella and stir until melted.
- Regular canned tomato sauce can be substituted for pizza sauce.
- Try adding pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives or any other of your favorite toppings for this stove top pizza casserole with elbow macaroni.
- Be sure to stir this pizza casserole with elbow macaroni often so that it doesn't stick and burn to the bottom of the skillet. You may even want to add a little bit more water if it gets too thick.
- Love homemade hamburger helper? Try our Frisco Melt version.
- The nutritional information below is auto-calculated and can vary depending on the products used.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1053mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 686IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 3mg