Cake Mix Applesauce Cake
Cake Mix Applesauce Cake is an easy dessert with only 6 ingredients. Adding applesauce to a boxed cake mix results in a light, moist cake that is irresistible to young and old.
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 15.25 ounce cake mix (white or yellow)
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups applesauce
- powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
In a large bowl, blend cake mix, eggs and applesauce until moist. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
Pour half the batter into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; cover with remaining batter.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan; sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar.
- Use whatever flavor of cake mix you have on hand including white, yellow, butter, golden, spice or butter pecan.
- For a lower sugar content, use unsweetened applesauce.
- There's no need for an icing; sprinkle powered sugar over top for a fancy-look and lightly sweet flavor.
- Serve with coffee for breakfast or whip it up for the perfect dessert.
- We love apple cake! Try our other favorite with caramel sauce.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg