Pop Tart Cake Balls
Pop Tart Cake Balls are an easy, 3-ingredient dessert. Tucked inside a candy-coated exterior is a cheesecake filling that's packed with your favorite Pop Tart flavor. Your kids will go wild for these delicious treats.
Servings: 35 balls
- 12 Pop Tarts (your favorite variety)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 24 ounces almond bark
- Your Favorite Toppings Sprinkles, etc
Using a food processor, pulverize Pop Tarts into small crumbs.
Add room temperature cream cheese and Pop Tart crumbs to a mixing bowl; mix on low speed until a ball of dough forms.
With a cookie scoop, make small cheesecake balls; roll between your hands to make uniform in size.
Put the cake balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet; flash freeze the balls for 15 minutes minimum.
Melt almond bark in the microwave according to package instructions.
Roll the frozen balls in the melted almond bark until completely coated; arrange back onto the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings (graham crackers, sprinkles, etc).
Let cool until set. Store in the refrigerator.
- Using room temperature cream cheese is key for a smooth cheesecake filling. Let it sit out for approximately an hour on the counter before starting the recipe.
- Our two favorite flavors are strawberry and smores pop tarts. Use whatever is your favorite.
- To get small crumbs, use a food processor to pulverize the pop tarts.
- For a smooth filling, use a mixer to combine the pop tart crumbs and cream cheese. Use a low setting, and wait until a ball of cheesecake dough forms in the bowl.
- A sheet-pan lined with parchment paper is the perfect vessel to use so that you can easily flash freeze these before coating with almond back.
- The best way to coat with almond bark is to use 2 forks to roll around and pick up.
- Be creative with the toppings using sprinkles, marshmallows, chocolate chips or whatever your heart desires.
- Store these in the refrigerator since the center contains cream cheese.
- Love no bake desserts? Try our Grandma's Cherry Fluff!