Looking for a new favorite side dish? Try Creamy Cabbage with only 5 Ingredients. Shredded cabbage is sauteed in butter, and then a creamy sauce is made with heavy cream, salt and pepper. It's easy, and it's delicious.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 5 cups shredded cabbage (one head)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until it begins to lightly brown.
Add shredded cabbage, stir, and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove lid and stir. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add salt, pepper and cream, cover and simmer for 4 more minutes.
- Try using a food processor with a grater attachment to shred you cabbage. It's fast and easy.
- Evaporated milk can be substituted for heavy whipping cream.
- This keto creamy cabbage recipe calls for 5 cups shredded cabbage. One head of cabbage should be close enough to 5 cups.
- I use a regular green cabbage for this low carb creamy cabbage recipe.
- It is really important to not overcook the cabbage in this creamed cabbage recipe.
- Looking for some more low carb side dishes? Try our Sesame Broccoli.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 524IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg