Oreo Dirt Pudding Trifle
Layers of crushed Oreo cookies are sandwiched between a decadent cream cheese pudding layer is a match made in heaven.
- 2 (14.5) ounce packages Oreo cookies about 70 cookies
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3.5) ounce packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
Pulverize cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor.
Cream softened butter and cream cheese together until smooth; set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together both packages of pudding mix and milk; stir in Cool Whip.
Combine cream cheese and pudding mixtures and stir until smooth.
In a large trifle bowl, alternate layers of pulverized cookies and pudding, starting and ending with the cookies.
- Margarine can be substituted for butter.
- Both the butter and cream cheese need to be softened to prevent lumps.
- This is a very forgiving Oreo dirt pudding trifle recipe. If you have a little bit less Cool Whip or cookies or cream cheese, nobody will know!
- Generic Oreo cookies, pudding mix, and Cool Whip work just fine in this dirt pudding trifle recipe.
- Chill this dirt pudding trifle until ready to serve.
- To make cute, put the Oreo dirt pudding into a flower pot instead of a trifle bowl. Try adding an artificial flower or gummy worms or plastic trowel.
- This recipe serves a crowd! Try some of our other dessert recipes that are also great for crowds including: Glazed Cherry Oatmeal Bars and White Chocolate Snack Mix.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 523IU | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 3mg