Cheesy Jalapeno Egg Squares
Cheesy Jalapeno Egg Squares are a simple 4 ingredient recipe made from eggs, shredded cheese, diced onion and canned, diced jalapeno peppers. This versatile Mexican egg casserole can be served for breakfast or cut into squares for a spicy appetizer.
Servings: 12 squares
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced, canned jalapenos (juices drained)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together all ingredients; pour into the prepared dish.
Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
- This cheesy egg casserole with jalapenos has only 4 ingredients total! How easy is that?
- I used canned jalapenos; drain off the excess liquid and dice into the desired size. A 7 ounce can equals to approximately 1/4 cup. Like it hot? Add more. Prefer less heat, use less jalapenos.
- For the cheese, use cheddar cheese that is either pre-shredded or you can shred it yourself. These cheesy jalapeno bites would be delicious with other types of cheese like Monterrey or Colby jack.
- Love the spice of jalapenos? Try our Jalapeno Pineapple Limeade and Jalapeno Pina Colada.
- For those of you on a low carb diet, take notes that these are a great keto breakfast option.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 280mg | Iron: 1mg