Amaretto Sugar Cream Pie
Amaretto Sugar Cream Pie takes two of my favorite things and makes the most incredible dessert----Amaretto and Sugar Cream Pie. The filling is creamy and smooth and fantastically delicious.
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Amaretto
- 1 deep dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small saucepan, heat half and half, sugar and butter until butter melts completely.
Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl; add to saucepan.
Heat until the mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in Amaretto.
Pour into deep dish pie crust. Dust with ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bake for 10 minutes.
- To make this a traditional sugar cream pie, substitute vanilla extract for Amaretto.
- If you don't have Amaretto on hand, or are opposed to using a spirit in cooking, use 1/2 teaspoon almond oil instead.
- Use a deep dish pie crust--homemade or store-bought or use 2 regular sized crusts instead.
- To really change it up, use a graham cracker crumb crust. Find out how to make a homemade one in this post!
- Be sure to stir this Amaretto Pudding Pie constantly while cooking on the stove top.
- This cream pie goes from runny to thick very quickly, right about the time it begins to boil.
- Dust with ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg or one or the other if you prefer one over the other. I like to use a fine mesh sieve like the one found on our Amazon store to dust the cinnamon and nutmeg on evenly.
- Try some of our other favorite pies: Rhubarb Pie, Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie and Impossible Pumpkin Pie.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg