Crock Pot Sweet Pulled Pork
Crock Pot Sweet Pulled Pork features slow cooked pork in a special sweet sauce. This recipe uses a slow cooker, the best cut of meat for pulled pork and a yummy sauce inspired by our grandma.
- 4 lb Pork Loin Roast or Pork Shoulder Roast
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
Score the fat cap on top of the pork. Season all sides with salt.
In a bowl, mix tomato sauce, sugar, salt, cinnamon, dry minced onion, cloves and vinegar.
Put pork in crock pot insert, and pour sauce over top.
Cook on low for approximately 8 hours or until pork easily shreds with 2 forks.
Remove meat, shred, and return to sauce. Mix and cover until warmed through.
- Don't be scared of cinnamon and cloves in your pork. It gives a subtle spiced flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness from the tomatoes and sugar.
- This slow cooker sweet pulled pork recipe is inspired by Grandma's Homemade Ketchup. I used up the leftovers on some baked pork chops, and it was a home-run.
- Use a pork butt (pork shoulder roast) or pork loin roast for the best pulled pork.
- Leave the fat cap on your pork. It will slowly baste the pork as it cooks to keep it moist.
- Be sure to put the fat side up in the crock pot.
- You can cook this sweet slow cooker pulled pork on high; just note, it will take about 3 to 4 hours.
- Do not overcook your pork. You do not want dry pulled pork. Cook until the pulled pork shreds easily with 2 forks.
- We highly recommend making Pulled Pork in the oven too. Try this version!
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg