Frisco Melt Sloppy Joes
Frisco Melt Sloppy Joes are a fun new spin on classic sloppy joes. Featuring all the flavors of a Steak N Shake Frisco Melt, this ground beef sloppy joe can be made in just thirty minutes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup French dressing
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup American cheese
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese
Brown ground beef, onions and bell pepper (optional) in a skillet; drain excess grease if needed.
Add remaining ingredients, and gently simmer until everything is melted and incorporated, approximately 15-20 minutes.
If needed, add additional water to thin out to desired consistency.
- If you dig copycat Frisco Melt recipes, try our Frisco Melt Hamburger Helper, Frisco Melt Tater Tot Casserole, and Frisco Melt Sticks.
- Many sloppy joe recipes have diced bell peppers. This ingredient is completely optional to your family's tastes.
- I've found that different brands of Thousand Island dressing can have different tastes. Some (including Kraft) is much stronger in flavor. If you aren't a super fan of this flavor to begin with, start with a couple tablespoons and work up as you are tasting it.
- If you are out of Thousand Island dressing, use only French. It will be fine.
- Swiss cheese can be left out completely if you family is adverse to the flavor. On the flip side, use more Swiss cheese if desired.
- Looking for some more easy ground beef recipes? Try Mom's Hamburger Gravy, Easy Shepherd's Pie and Classic Coney Island Sauce.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg