Low Carb Tuscan Kale Soup
Low Carb Tuscan Kale Soup is a hearty dish filled with sausage, riced cauliflower and kale. This keto-friendly soup will satisfy any hunger-pain and warm you up on a cold day. The best part is that it comes together in 30 minutes.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onions, diced (optional)
- 4 cloves1 garlic, minced
- 1-2 cups kale, destemmed and chopped into small pieces
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cook pork sausage, breaking up into small chunks. Drain off excess grease if desired. You may want to add back some grease for flavor later in the cooking process.
Melt butter in a large saucepan; add onions, minced garlic and kale and saute until onions are soft and kale is wilted down to your desired texture.
Add heavy whipping cream and chicken broth, stirring occasionally until it comes to a boil.
Add cooked riced cauliflower and pork sausage, salt and pepper. Continue to warm through. Season with additional salt, pepper, and pork grease (options) to taste.
- This keto kale soup is a version of our number one most popular recipe-- Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup and it's keto-friendly version, Low Carb Tuscan Soup.
- People have different preferences on the texture of cooked kale. If you like yours with a bite, only saute it for a few minutes. On the flip side, if you like a very wilted, soft kale texture, keep sauteing until it darkens in color and shrinks down.
- To make this a low carb soup, we eliminated the flour, swapped the evaporated milk for heavy whipping cream, replaced the beans with riced cauliflower.
- Not familiar with riced cauliflower? You can find this in the freezer section of the grocery store. We use the steamer bags that you cook in the microwave.
- To give this keto creamy kale soup even more flavor, don't drain the grease off the sausage after you cook it. Or, drain it and add a little back when you add the sausage. The pork sausage grease has amazing depth of flavor.
- Looking for other low carb recipes? Try Low Carb Chicken Salad, 4 Ingredient Chicken Legs, Instant Pot Low-Carb Mashed Cauliflower or Low-Carb Baked Spaghetti Squash.
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1890IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg