Strawberry Bread with Frozen Strawberries
Strawberry Bread with Frozen Strawberries is an easy quick bread with incredible strawberry flavor. The thawed strawberries give it a moist texture, and the easy strawberry glaze is sweet and flavorful.
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix wet ingredients with mixer---thawed strawberries, oil and eggs.
In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients---flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, just barely mixing in between each addition. Add nuts and mix until just incorporated.
Prepare 2 5x9 inch bread pans by greasing and flouring. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely before adding glaze.
- This strawberry bread using frozen strawberries makes 2 loaves. If you only need one, wrap the other tightly with foil and then place in a zip-lock bag and store in the freezer for later.
- Let the strawberries thaw before making this easy strawberry bread. Do not drain off the juices; you'll want them for the bread.
- The best part of this easy strawberry bread is the strawberry glaze. Use your favorite strawberry preserves or jam to give it an amazing flavor.
- When making the strawberry glaze, start with 1 tablespoon of milk, and slowly add more until you get the right consistency. You don't the glaze to be too thick or too thin. If it is too thick, add more milk. If it's too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Strawberries are so yummy! Try our Strawberry Freezer Jam, Strawberry Rhubarb Streusal Dessert, Strawberry Rhubarb Jam.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg