Salted Nut Squares
Salted Nut Squares are an easy, no bake cookie recipe with a creamy, peanut butter base that is perfectly complemented by salted peanuts. This irresistible dessert just so happens to be a copycat Payday Bar. This microwave is simple with only five ingredients (salted peanuts, butter, peanut butter chips, condensed milk, and miniature marshmallows).
- 3 cups salted peanuts without skins
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and peanut butter chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until melted and smooth.
Add sweetened condensed milk and marshmallows to mixture, and continute to microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
Pour half the peanuts evening into the bottom of an ungreased 11x17 inch dish. Pour melted mixture over top of peanuts; sprinkle the top with the remaining peanuts. Gently press the peanuts so they stick to the center filling.
Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares.
- These taste just like the candy bar called PayDay Bars. Have you ever tried a PayDay? The are a sweet and salty candy bar that is out of this world. And now, you can make them at home!
- Use salted peanuts without the skins for this salted nut bar recipe.
- Margarine can be substituted for butter.
- Microwave Salted Nut Squares are super simple. The sweet, sticky base of the cookie is made in the microwave. Be sure to only use the microwave in 30 second intervals because the ingredients can burn which is not fun. Stir in between each 30 second segment.
- We love no bake desserts at These Old Cookbooks. Some of our favorites include: Rice Krispies Scotcheroos, Grandma's Three Layer Chocolate Bars, Grandma's Chocolate Fantasy Fudge, Candy Corn Snack Mix.