These Thai Chicken Wraps with a homemade peanut sauce and boneless chicken breasts are an easy weeknight dinner option that the entire family will love.
This is another recipe from Barbara’s college days when she lived in Glenwood – a cooperative on Purdue’s campus. Like the Cheesy Mexican Chicken, these Thai Chicken Wraps with peanut sauce were in the top five favorite recipes for most of Barbara’s housemates. Everyone showed up for lunch when they made these.
The funny thing about her Glenwood recipes is that Barbara has to divide each recipe by six since the original recipes make huge portions to feed more than 30 girls.
Thai Chicken Wraps
The homemade peanut sauce is what sets these wraps apart from others.
No matter how you serve them, these Thai Chicken Wraps will be loved by the entire family!
Barbara was a little leery about making this for her husband (he can be a picky eater). But he ate seconds and commented on how yummy they were…a total surprise to both of them.
- 6 (8 or 10-inch) plain, red or green tortillas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bag packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Peanut Sauce:
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Wrap tortillas in foil, and warm in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Combine garlic salt and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat form 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add broccoli mix and ginger to skillet; cook and stir for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender. Add chicken back to veggies and stir.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients for peanut sauce - sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vegetable oil and garlic.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- To assemble, fill tortilla with chicken/veggie mixture and drizzle with peanut sauce.
Referral links were used in this post.