The gentle spice of this Spicy Roasted Zucchini makes it a perfect side dish for any meal, especially when you need a dish using easy ingredients.
Spicy Roasted Zucchini
Vegetables on the side: The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking written by Sallie Williams is one of Barbara’s favorite cookbooks. Why? Because the cookbook has chapters based on each vegetable. She whips this cookbook out every summer when the garden is in full bounty.
Spicy Roasted Zucchini is a great way to use the endless zucchini that takes over her kitchen counters each summer. We all love zucchini bread (especially when it has chocolate chips in it) but you can only put so many loaves in the freezer.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily scale it up for a bigger crowd – just grab a larger baking sheet, an extra zucchini and a few more spices!
So head out to the garden, stop by your local farmers market OR grab a couple zucchinis at the grocery store and make this for a side tonight!
- 1 medium-size zucchini, washed and cut into ⅛ inch rounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, drizzle zucchini with olive oil, toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange zucchini in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, flour and salt; sprinkle zucchini with half of seasoning.
- Roast for 25 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Sprinkle the remaining seasoning on top, and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Linking up to the Weekend Potluck!