This Cheesy Mexican Chicken is a family-pleasing dinner option with corn chips and cheese on top and served on a bed of rice.
Barbara lived in a cooperative while at Purdue University and this Cheesy Mexican Chicken was a mainstay at the house.
All the girls in Glenwood came to dinner when this was on the menu.
Cheesy Mexican Chicken
This is another family pleaser in Barbara’s house. It does not hurt that this is served over rice as almost any dish that includes rice is sure to be a hit with her girls and husband.
I think the taco seasoning combined with the cheese and corn chips probably helped their enthusiasm for the dish!
You can use boneless chicken breasts or thighs depending on what type of chicken your family likes best.
Barbara wanted me to mention a kitchen gadget that changed her life recently – the Microwave Rice Cooker.
She couldn’t make rice correctly no matter how hard she tried. Once she got her microwave rice cooker, her rice comes out perfectly cooked every time. It is definitely worth buying and the cabinet space.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or chicken thighs
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups corn chips
- 8 oz. mild cheddar or colby jack shredded cheese
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Mix soup, taco seasoning, half of the cheese, and milk; spoon over chicken.
- Top with chips and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove cover, add remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Referral links are used in this post.