This Black Bean Caviar Salsa is easy to make and perfect as a party dip with tortilla chips. If you want to get fancy, serve it over baked or grilled fish.
Black Bean Caviar Salsa
Our Aunt Terri often brings this Black Bean Caviar Salsa to family gatherings. And it is always a crowd-pleaser!
It makes a great dip for tortilla chips. Need a “healthy” game day dish to add to your table filled with chicken wings, cheesy dips and hot dogs? Mix up this Black Bean Caviar Salsa the morning of the big game and your guests will thank you!
But it is equally good served over baked fish such as our Easy Baked Tilapia recipe. Or as a topping to your favorite fish tacos!
Barbara used canned Shoepeg corn, but feel free to use your own freezer corn if you have it.
This recipe is easily customized to suit your family’s tastes. If you (or your picky kids) don’t like onions, leave them out. Prefer red peppers over green peppers? Then use red ones instead. Don’t be afraid to substitute!
However, do NOT skip the marinating step. This recipe tends to get tastier over time as the dip marinates in the dressing. It is worth the wait, we promise!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11 oz. can Shoepeg corn, drained
- ½ cup bottled Italian dressing
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ green or red pepper, chopped
- Mix together garlic, beans, corn, Italian dressing, cilantro, Tabasco and chili powder.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
- Just before serving, add onion, tomato and pepper. Mix.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a condiment over baked or grilled fish.